Wednesday 3 July 2013

Goat flipping July 2013

Maeve and I spent a few hours in Port Hawkesbury today flipping a goat in the back of our car every ten minutes. Somehow, I really doubt that anyone else that I know has actually done this. We took a young kid into the vet to get him castrated. The vet gave him a sedative, which knocked him out totally flat in the back of our car, and then he did it right there. After it was done, it looked like we had a dead goat. There was blood splattered around the back of the car, the little guy had blood on his white hair, and he still lay there flat out. Afterwards, the vet told me that we would need to flip him every ten minutes to keep fluid from pooling in him. We had a few errands that needed doing, as we don't go to Port Hawkesbury that often. So there we were in the Walmart parking lot flipping a goat. I then dashed into the store, bought a few things, dashed back out only to find our previously secluded parking spot now had a guy in a truck eating ice cream right behind it. Very aware of the attention we would cause flipping a bloody, dead looking goat in the Walmart parking lot, I quickly relocated and we did our task. I spent the next hour or so dashing around town, doing my errands in 10 minute intervals, flipping the little guy in between. In the Canadian Tire parking lot we had a car sporting the happy phrase "Just Married" beside us. We relocated to an obscure spot beside the dumpster not wanting to shock the happy couple. Sometimes my life feels so different from the ordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment